2005/10/12

The clownfish doesn't look the best, so found a sick tank

The Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus) looks like he has a small bit of "cotton" on each of his sides (see pictures below), and his fins are somewhat clamped. I'll have to stop at Jim's at lunch and see what I can do about this - I don't want to lose another fish.

I found in the garage an old freshwater 3gal hex glass tank I had for a short period of time a few years back; it will make a good quarentine/sick tank. It has:

  • undergravel filter (not going to use)
  • air pump
  • ProFile 10 HOB filter
  • glass top
  • light fixture with a CC-15 bulb
  • heater
  • stick-on thermometer

It's filthy, and has bad lime/hard water stains.


Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus) with cotton-like substance on sides
Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus) with cotton-like substance on sides

      

No comments: