2006/03/18

Bristle worm capture, and maintenance

Noticed a sizable bristle worm under the front left brown Kelp algea clump, and since it didn't seem to be moving very quickly, I decided to attempt a capture.

With the thick gloves on, I ripped out the algea with one hand and captured the bristle worm with the other.

In all, I exported:

  • 1 large (3") bristle worm
  • 2 small (1") bristle worms
  • 1 quart of brown Kelp algea
  • 1x 3/4" Shiny silver ball algea - pest (Valonia macrophysa)

While inspecting the algea I was removing, I was able to "shake-off" upwards of a dozen small 1-2" starfish.


Bristle worm in situ:
Bristle worm in situ

Bristle worm in bucket with US Penny for size conparison:
Bristle worm in bucket with US Penny for size conparison

Current view of the Nano Reef Tank:
Current view of the Nano Reef Tank Posted by Picasa

No comments: